Join Our Team
The State Comptroller's office employs over 2,700 public servants statewide who are dedicated to ensuring taxpayer dollars are used effectively and for public good. Our team includes auditors, financial, business and policy analysts; information technology specialists, contract managers, investigators, and more.
We are proud to do work that has a direct impact on the lives of the people and communities who make up our State. Learn more about our office and join us is making a difference! We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Are You Ready for a Career with Purpose?
Get started with us:
- View all open positions with the Comptroller's office in Albany and across the State.
- Find Civil Service exam information, including continuous recruitment exams, those open to the public and promotional exams for State employees.
- Meet with representatives at a career fair in your area. View calendar of events
- Follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about our work, culture and latest opportunities.
Email [email protected] for more information about employment opportunities or guidance on the civil service process.
Our auditors use innovative technologies to analyze organizations and programs that touch every aspect of our lives, including public health, education, the environment, State and local government budgets, and more.
Information Technology Specialists
Our information technology team provides support for departments and end users throughout the agency, and ensure computer hardware, software, networks and servers are reliable and secure.
Wartime Veterans & Individuals With Disabilities
Our office benefits from the talents of wartime veterans and individuals with disabilities through New York State’s 55b/c programs. We are continuously recruiting eligible candidates for positions throughout the agency.
The Future Forward Internship Academy offers students an opportunity to participate in an unpaid, balanced, academic and experiential program offering up to 13 semester credit hours. All majors will be considered.
Applications are open now through February 15, 2024.
The Office of the State Comptroller offers competitive salaries and benefits, and opportunities for advancement, continuing education and professional development. We provide a professional environment where employees are encouraged to push themselves while maintaining work-life balance.
A Full-Range of Insurance Options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance packages (including prescription drug coverage) available to all employees and their dependents.
- Opt-Out Program allows eligible employees, who have other employer-sponsored group health insurance, to opt-out of their insurance coverage in exchange for an incentive payment.
- Productivity Enhancement Program (PEP) allows eligible employees to exchange previously accrued leave in return for a credit to be applied toward their health insurance premiums on a bi-weekly basis.
Paid time off (for union-represented employees)
- 13 vacations days, 13 sick days, and 5 personal days annually
- 13 paid holidays annually
Flex spending accounts
- Health Care Spending Account – provides employees the opportunity to pay for health-related expenses with tax-free dollars.
- Dependent Care Advantage Account – provides employees the opportunity to pay for child care, elder care or other dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.
Continuous Learning Environment
- We’re committed to a continuous learning environment that helps employees realize their full potential.
- Tuition assistance available contingent upon contract negotiations.
The Office of the New York State Comptroller is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer