Purpose of Audit
The purpose of our audit was to assess the Executive Committee’s oversight of selected financial operations for the period January 1, 2013 through February 10, 2015.
The Stockport Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 is a volunteer organization located in the Town of Stockport, Columbia County, which contracts with the Stockport Fire District to provide fire protection for the Town. The Executive Committee is responsible for the Company’s overall general and financial affairs. Revenue for 2014 totaled approximately $50,000.
- The Treasurer did not prepare and submit formal monthly and annual financial reports in 2013 and 2014.
- The Executive Committee has not provided adequate oversight of fundraising activities.
- The Company entered into an agreement with a Board member for work performed at the Company’s firehouse for which no disclosure of financial interest was made.
- Prepare and submit formal monthly and annual financial reports to the Executive Committee which contain a detailed accounting of the Company’s revenues, expenses and all cash balances.
- Ensure that fundraising revenue is properly accounted for.
- Ensure that Company officials comply with the conflict of interest policy.