Determine whether District officials used a competitive process to procure goods and services.
Determine whether District officials established adequate controls to safeguard fixed assets.
Determine whether the Treasurer filed the annual update documents (AUDs).
- Officials did not comply with the District’s procurement policy when procuring assets.
- The District could have saved $3,800 if it had purchased propane at State contract prices.
- The Board did not establish adequate controls to safeguard fixed assets.
- The Treasurer did not submit AUDs, which are required annual financial reports, to our office.
- Comply with District policies and applicable statutes requiring competition when procuring goods and services, and maintain a record of quotes obtained for purchases.
- Establish a comprehensive fixed asset policy to safeguard assets.
- Ensure AUDs are filed in a timely manner.
District officials generally agreed with our recommendations and have initiated or indicated they planned to initiate corrective action. Appendix B includes our comment on an issue that was raised in the District’s response letter.