Determine whether credit card purchases were adequately supported, for appropriate purposes and paid timely.
- The Board approved credit card charges totaling $18,124 without adequate supporting documentation.
- The District incurred penalty charges totaling $393 for late payments and $192 for interest.
- Adhere to the credit card policy and ensure that supporting documentation is provided with credit card claim vouchers prior to approving these claims for payment.
- Reconcile credit card statements to itemized supporting documentation.
- Ensure payments occur in a timely fashion to avoid incurring late fees and interest charges.
District officials generally agreed with our recommendations and have initiated or indicated they planned to initiate corrective action. Appendix B includes our comment on an issue that was raised in the District’s response letter.