Determine whether the Quaker Street Fire District’s (District) Board of Fire Commissioners (Board) provided oversight to ensure purchases complied with the District’s procurement policy, claims were adequately reviewed, and financial reports (AUDs) were filed timely.
The Board did not ensure all disbursements complied with the procurement policy and claims were for a proper District purpose or adequately supported. Additionally, the Board did not provide adequate oversight to ensure the required AUDs were filed timely.
- Did not obtain quotes or bids for two purchases totaling $27,058, as required by their policy.
- Approved fuel credit card payments of $4,875 without supporting documentation.
- Did not ensure the Annual Update Documents (AUDs) were completed and submitted timely.
- Ensure competitive bidding statutes and purchasing policy requirements are followed.
- Ensure all fuel card charges are sufficiently supported prior to payment.
- Ensure that AUDs are filed in a timely manner.
District officials generally agreed with our recommendations and have initiated, or indicated they planned to initiate corrective action.