Determine whether the Justices adequately oversee the Court’s financial activities and ensure collections are deposited and remitted timely and intact.
The Justices did not:
- Deposit 234 out of 720 fine and fee receipts totaling $31,056 within 72 hours.
- Prepare monthly accountability reports and bank reconciliations.
- Forward 34 out of 48 remittances to the Village totaling $523,381 within 10 days of the ensuing month.
- Ensure all deposits are made within 72 hours of collection.
- Prepare accountability reports and bank reconciliations and investigate any discrepancies.
- Ensure that all remittances to the Village are made before the 10th of the month.
Village officials generally agreed with our recommendations and indicated they planned to initiate corrective action.