Purpose of Audit
The purpose of our audit was to determine whether Authority officials procured goods and services in accordance with the procurement policy and applicable statutes and whether Authority officials ensured that the Information Technology (IT) system was adequately secured and protected against unauthorized use, access and loss for the period April 1, 2016 through July 18, 2017.
The Poughkeepsie Housing Authority is located in the City of Poughkeepsie, in Dutchess County. The Authority, which provides low-rent housing for qualified individuals, is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners. Expenditures for the 2016-17 fiscal year totaled approximately $5.9 million.
- Authority officials did not obtain quotes for public works projects totaling $18,762 and purchases contracts totaling $10,680 or solicit proposals for professional services totaling $26,754.
- Authority officials did not adopt comprehensive IT policies or a disaster recovery plan.
- Sensitive IT control weaknesses were communicated confidentially to Authority officials.
- Ensure that all required quotes are obtained.
- Adopt acceptable use and breach notification policies and a disaster recovery plan.
- Address the IT recommendations communicated confidentially.