Determine whether the Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District’s (District) extra-classroom activity (ECA) and event admissions funds were adequately safeguarded and properly accounted for.
ECA and event admission funds were not adequately safeguarded or properly accounted for.
- District officials did not provide adequate oversight of ECA and admission event collections.
- ECA club collections and disbursements and sporting event admission records lacked adequate supporting documentation and reconciliations were not performed.
- District officials conducted four ECA audits that identified poor collection controls. However, District officials did not implement the faculty auditor’s recommendations.
- Ensure ECA funds are handled in accordance with District policies and SED procedures, and that clubs implement faculty auditor recommendations.
- Ensure student treasurers maintain adequate supporting documentation.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure admissions revenue is adequately safeguarded and accurately recorded and provide sufficient oversight for the cash collection, remitting and deposit processes.
District officials generally agreed with our recommendations and have initiated, or indicated they planned to initiate corrective action.