Determine whether the Fishers Island Union Free School District (District) website provided the public with transparent and comprehensive financial information.
District officials did not ensure the District’s website provided the public with transparent and comprehensive financial information. As a result, the community and other interested parties could not readily access and review information that could be used to make informed decisions.
Officials did not post the following information they were required to include on the District’s website:
- External audit reports and corrective action plans (CAPs),
- Proposed and final annual budgets,
- Schedule of reserve funds,
- School District and property tax report cards,
- Board minutes, and
- Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) online submission request for records.
- Post all required and recommended information on the District’s website in a transparent and comprehensive manner.
District officials agreed with our findings and have initiated or plan to initiate corrective action.