Determine whether Town Officials have adequate controls to safeguard Highway Department assets.
Determine whether Town officials used a competitive process to procure highway goods and services.
- Town officials did not update the Town’s procurement policy.
- The Superintendent did not maintain documentation for quotes received.
- Town officials did not maintain a complete inventory listing or monitor highway fuel usage.
- Review and update the procurement policy.
- Document quotes obtained to ensure purchases are made in the most economical way.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date inventory records for assets and fuel.
Town officials agreed with our recommendations and indicated they have taken, or plan to take, corrective action.