- The Board provided adequate oversight and management of the Village’s water and sewer finances.
- Village officials adequately safeguarded information technology (IT) assets.
- The water and sewer infrastructure are in disrepair and the Board did not develop a comprehensive, written multiyear financial or capital plan to address needed repairs.
- We estimate that, for residents with both water and sewer services, rates would initially increase from a combined $320 per year to about $950 per year to finance new debt for infrastructure repairs and continuing operational expenses.
- The Board did not develop proper IT controls.
- Develop comprehensive multiyear financial and capital plans that project operating and capital needs and financing sources for a minimum three-to five-year period.
- Review water and sewer rates to ensure they generate sufficient revenues to finance expenditures and pay for maintenance and infrastructure improvement costs.
- Develop and implement written IT policies and procedures.
Village officials agreed with our findings and indicated they plan to initiate corrective action.