The purpose of this bulletin is to inform the Division of State Police of OSC’s automatic processing of the April 1, 2022 2% Salary Increase.
Employees of the Division of State Police in the State Police Troopers Unit – BU07 and the State Police Commissioned/Non-Commissioned Officers Unit (CO/NCO) – BU17 who meet the eligibility criteria are affected.
Chapter 24 of the Laws of 2019 implements the 2018-2023 Agreement between New York State and the Police Benevolent Association and provides for a 2% General Salary increase effective April 1, 2022 for Troopers in Bargaining Unit 07 and Commissioned/Non-Commissioned Officers in Bargaining Unit 17.
The April 1, 2022 2% Salary Increase will be paid using the following effective date and check date.
|Year||Pay Cycle/Pay Period Type||Payment EffectiveDate||CheckDate|
|2022||Administration 01 Lag||03/31/2022||04/27/2022|
The following employees are eligible to receive the April 1, 2022 2% State Police Salary Increase:
- Employees with a Comp Rate Code of ANN who are in BU07 (Grade 701)
- Employees with a Comp Rate Code of ANN who are in BU17 (Grade 703-713)
OSC will automatically insert rows in the Job Data page to reflect the April 2022 2% Salary Increase for Troopers in Bargaining Unit 07 and Commissioned/Non-Commissioned Officers in Bargaining Unit 17.
- A row will be inserted in the employee’s Job Data record using the Action/Reason code of PAY/SAC (Pay Rate Change/Mass Salary Increase) with an effective date of 03/31/2022 for the April 2022 increase for employees whose status is Active or Paid Leave of Absence.
- For employees who are Inactive or on a Leave of Absence without Pay on the effective date of the increase, the increase will be applied to the employee’s Job Data record only if the employee was subsequently returned to the payroll in an eligible bargaining unit prior to the automatic processing of this payment in Administration Pay Period 1L. Rows will be inserted as of the effective date of the Return from Leave action using the Action/Reason code of PAY/CSL (Pay Rate Change/Correct Salary) and the new salary.
- Any subsequent rows on Job Data will be updated automatically by inserting additional rows with the Action/Reason code of PAY/CSL (Pay Rate Change/Correct Salary) provided the employee remained in an eligible bargaining unit.
Control-D Reports Available After Processing
The following Control-D reports will be available after processing of the automatic increases:
NHRP704 Mass Salary Payment Report
This report identifies all employees who received the general salary increase. The report identifies the employee’s last salary that was automatically increased in an eligible bargaining unit. Other fields on the report include the EmplID, Employee Record Number, Employee Name, Grade, Bargaining Unit, Comp Rate Code, Part-time Percentage, Action Reason and Increment Code.
NHRP709 – Mass Salary Increase Exception Report
This report identifies all employees who did not receive the automatic April 2022 2% Salary Increases (Bargaining Units 07 and 17). Included on the report is one or more of the following messages which identifies the reason(s) the employee’s salary was not updated:
Position and Job do not match –Salary off step See Control-D Report Available Prior to Processing for an explanation of these messages.
These monies are taxable income, will be included in the employee’s taxable gross, and are subject to all employment taxes and income taxes.
Questions regarding this bulletin may be directed to the Payroll Earnings mailbox.
Questions regarding Taxes should be directed to the Tax and Compliance mailbox.