To inform agencies of the addition of new queries due to the PayServ COA conversion and the impact to the current queries used for accounting data.
The accounting, reporting and payroll distribution data for all employees paid through PayServ will be affected
The State adopted a new Chart of Accounts (COA) in 2012 when it implemented the Statewide Financial System. OSC is now aligning personal service charges with the new COA. Following this conversion, agencies will be able to compare data across PayServ and SFS, allowing for easier reconciliation of payroll charges.
Institution pay checks dated April 2, 2015 and
Administration pay checks dated April 8, 2015
OSC Payroll has created/updated five public queries that will be available for agency use on March 23, 2015.
- Locked_Query_013 – Will provide earnings distribution using the new SFS chartfields on all paychecks as of April 2, 2015.
- Locked_Query_013_Old – Will provide earnings by Account Code using the information in PayServ for all current paychecks prior to April 2, 2015. Once this information is archived, the query will no longer be used and will be deleted by OSC.
- Locked_Query_025 – Will provide new SFS chartfield data and employee name for positions filled in DeptID indicated.
- Locked_Query_026 – Will provide position and new SFS chartfield data on vacant positions for the inputted DeptID.
- Locked_Query_058 – Will provide a list of position pool ids with their descriptions and associated SFS chartfield data for the inputted DeptID and pool id effective date less than or equal to the inputted date.
All current queries related to accounting data will remain but should only be used to retrieve data prior to April 2, 2015. Fund and Program will no longer be available for these current queries. Only the legacy cost center will be provided.
Agencies should utilize the above locked queries for the reconciliation and use of the PayServ accounting data.
If there are private queries being utilized to retrieve PayServ accounting data, specifically legacy account codes, OSC Payroll is suggesting that those queries be discarded.
If after reviewing the locked queries above, the agency has determined they require additional information or a modification of an existing query, agencies must complete an Agency Request form for each query and send the completed forms to: [email protected] and [email protected]
These queries will be modified on an as needed basis.
Questions may be directed to System Support Group at [email protected].
Please include the bulletin number in the Subject line of all emails pertaining to this bulletin.