The Comptroller’s Office is dedicated to attracting bright, capable individuals who will bring energy and commitment to its auditing programs.
To begin a career with the New York State Comptroller’s Office as a State Program Examiner Trainee, Auditor (Municipal) Trainee or Auditor (Abandoned Property) Trainee, you must within nine months of applying:
- Hold or will hold a bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Public Administration
- Public or Community Health
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Criminal Justice
- Public Policy
- Political Science
- Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related IT field
- Hold or will hold any bachelor’s degree
- At least 24 credit hours in Accounting and/or Auditing
For positions as a State Program Examiner Trainee (Systems), you must within nine months of applying:
- Hold or will hold a bachelor’s degree in any of the disciplines listed above
- At least 12 credit hours in Information Science or Data Processing
There is no written exam for the positions listed above. Candidates complete a web-based questionnaire. Based upon this assessment, each candidate’s relevant education, training and experience will be evaluated and given a numerical score.
It is the policy of the Office of the New York State Comptroller to provide for and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression), religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and military and veteran status.
For more information, please contact the Recruitment Unit at (518) 474-1924 or [email protected].
The Office of the New York State Comptroller is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer