Below is a list of the phone menu options available to NYSLRS members. You can hear certain account information and general information, and request forms 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To access the self-service menus, you will be asked to enter the last four digits of your Social Security number and your date of birth. We need this information to verify that you are a NYSLRS member and that the services you request from our automated information line are available to you.
If you have an open request in process with NYSLRS (for example, a change of address), you will be asked if you want to hear about that first.
The numbers below correspond to the numbers you will need to press on your phone for information.
Did You Know?
In many cases you can use Retirement Online instead of calling NYSLRS. It’s the convenient and secure way to review your benefits, update your account information and make requests. Members can view benefit information, update contact information, view and update beneficiaries, apply for a loan, estimate your pension and payment option amounts, request to purchase service credit, apply for retirement and more. Sign in to your account now.
#1 NYSLRS Employers
#2 NYSLRS Member, Retiree or Beneficiary
(You will be asked for the last four digits of your Social Security number and your date of birth so that we can locate your account information.)
#3 Death of a Member or Retiree
- If you are calling to report the death of a member or retiree.
- For questions about correspondence received due to the death of a member or retiree.
If you pressed #2 above, you’ll hear the categories of information listed below.
1 – For questions regarding our Retirement Online service
- For password resets
- For assistance with registering for Retirement Online
- For technical assistance with Retirement Online
2 – To access information concerning loan services
- For loan eligibility
- For information about a recent loan application
- To request a loan application or hear information about completing one, including frequently asked questions and instructions
- For information about current loan balances
- For general information about the loan process
- For information on deferring loan payments while on military duty
3 – To access information about the purchasing of previous service
- For general information about the crediting of previous service
- If you are currently making payments for previous service
- If you have completed payments for previous service and wish to hear what service you purchased
4 – For consultation office information or to schedule an appointment
- To schedule a consultation
5 – To receive a projection of your retirement benefits
Most Employees Retirement System members who are age 50 or older can request a benefit projection using our automated system, if they have enough years of service to be eligible for a pension. It will include earnings reported to date and project additional service credit based on a date of retirement up to five years in the future. In most cases, these projections are mailed on the next business day to your home address. You will be asked to:
- Enter a retirement date;
- Enter your beneficiary’s birth date; and
- Confirm your zip code.
6 – To have retirement system forms mailed to you
- To receive a loan application
- To receive a direct deposit form
- To receive a retirement application
- To receive an application to purchase previous service
- To receive a beneficiary form
- To receive a mortgage letter
0 – To speak to a customer service representative