Regional State Park Police Plan

For Tier 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 Members, (Section 383-a)

Applying for Previous or Military Service Credit

Regional State Park Police Plan
For Tier 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 Members
(Section 383-a)

To receive credit for any type of previous or military service, send a written request (which must be received before your effective date of retirement) to our Member & Employer Services Bureau. Please include as much information as you can about the period of employment for which you are seeking credit. We will determine your eligibility to receive the credit and any cost involved.

Requesting credit for your previous public employment as early in your career as possible ensures that:

  • If there is a cost, it will be less expensive than if you wait to purchase it at a later date.
  • Your retirement benefit will be processed more quickly if your service credit is in order.
  • Records we need to verify your service will be more readily available.

If you are requesting previous service credit to establish eligibility for a vested retirement benefit, you must request this credit while you are on the payroll of a participating employer. If you receive a statement of the cost after you leave the payroll, you must make payment within 30 days of notification.

Page updated 3/13