The purpose of this task is to cancel an employee's general deductions in the Payroll System. General Deductions include union sponsored insurance and dues, agency shop fees, retirement loan and arrears payments, parking fees, and charitable contributions.
Canceling General Deduction Data
Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Deductions > Gen Deduction Data
- Enter Employee’s EMPLID.
- Select the Include History option to view all deduction records for this employee.
- Click the Search button.
- Click the scroll arrow to scroll through and select the Deduction Code to be cancelled.
- To cancel the deduction, click the plus (+) sign to the right of the Effective Date field to add a new row.
- Identify the paycheck date when the deduction is to be cancelled. In the Effective Date field, enter the pay period begin date for the paycheck when the deduction should not be taken.
- The Calculation Routine field is not changed.
- The Deduction End Date is the pay period begin date for the paycheck when the deduction should be cancelled. NOTE: The pay period begin date is the date that should be entered in the Effective Date and Deduction End Date fields.
- The Deduction Rate or % field is not changed.
- The Flat/Addl Amount field is not changed.
- The Goal Amount field is not changed.
- The Current Goal Balance field is not changed.
- The display field 'This data was last updated by' is automatically populated and indicates the source of the update on the effective-dated row.
- The display field 'Data last updated on' is automatically populated and shows the date that this record was last updated.
- Click the Save button
The employee's general deduction is cancelled and will end as of the Deduction End Date that was entered.