The purpose of this task is to record the salary information in the Payroll System for a hire, rehire or concurrent hire. Salary information is added after personal, job and employee-related data have been recorded for an employee. If this task is not performed, the employee will not be paid.
- All pay rate change requests that require Division of Budget or Civil Service approval should not be submitted until such approval is posted in the relevant fields in NYSTEP and the Position Data page.
- Pay Changes may be automatically approved based on meeting the editing and approval criteria. Pay Changes will only be automatically approved if the Effective Date of the change is after the latest Effective Date on the Job Data record and before the Effective Date of any open request.
Entering a Salary Request – Hire, Rehire, or Concurrent Hire
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- Select the required record.
- Click the Pay Change button.
- Enter the Effective Date the date the salary will become effective.
NOTE: this date must be the same date as the Hire, Rehire or Concurrent Hire.
- Enter the Seq # this field increases by one for each transaction on the same day.
- Job Data should be reviewed to determine the correct Seq #. The sequence number should be one number higher than the sequence number of the Hire, Rehire or Concurrent Hire row on Job Data, and is normally Seq # 1.
- If the Rehire (seq #1) is the same date as a termination (seq #0), the appropriate Pay Change sequence number may be #2.
- The Action defaults to Pay Rt Chg.
- Enter the desired information into the Reason field.
- For a Hire or a Concurrent Hire, the Reason is usually NEW. Many Pay Changes with the reason of NEW will be validated and auto approve.
- For a Rehire, the Reason is usually RHS.
- Enter the proposed Pay Rate.
- Enter the increment code in the Incr Code field, if applicable.
- Enter the Anniversary Dt, if applicable.
- Enter the FIS Amount (fixed increment salary showing the employee's next potential salary rate) if applicable.
- Click the Request button.
- Click the Save button.
Salary Change Request has been requested.