The purpose of this task is to record an employee's unpaid short-term disability leave in the Payroll System.
- A short-term disability leave changes an employee's status.
- The system will end all active earnings on the Additional Pay page effective the date of the leave.
- If the transaction is retroactive and the employee is overpaid, the agency must enter comments stating how the overpayment will be recovered. It may be necessary to set up a "Q" code on the Additional Pay page to recover overpayment from any future monies due the employee.
Entering a Short-Term Disability Leave
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- Insert a new row – click the plus sign (+) or (ALT +7).
- Enter the Effective Date in the Effective Date field.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter the next higher Sequence if more than one action is to take effect on the same Effective Date.
- Select the Action list.
- Select the STO (Short Term Disability) list item.
- Enter the Reason Code in the Reason field.
a. The available reason codes are STO (Shrt T Dis) and WCL (Worker’s Comp with IPP).
- Click the Save button.
A short-term disability leave has been entered for an employee.