Data Changes are changes that relate to an employee's Job Data. These changes are separate from an employee's appointment, removal, position or pay rate change transactions. All Data Changes must be submitted through the request process.
Change Standard Hours changes the number of hours paid in a week to an exceptional hourly employee. The payroll system doubles this number for two weeks (biweekly), for example 37.5 hours pays 75 hours and 40 hours pays 80 hours, and will automatically pay the employee the same number of hours each biweekly unless the agency changes the number of standard hours or submits a transaction in Time Entry to change the number of hours in one particular paycheck.
- All Data Change requests must be submitted on the Job Requests1 page.
- The Action Reason automatically opens the required fields to process a Data Change transaction.
- Some Data Changes may be automatically approved based on meeting the editing and approval criteria. Data Changes will only be automatically approved if the Effective Date of the change is after the latest Effective Date on the Job Data record and before the Effective Date of any open request.
Data Change Request: Change Standard Hours
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing or an existing request.
- If there is an existing request, click the plus (+) sign to insert a new request row.
- Click the Data Chg button.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Data Change.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence # if there is an existing Job Data action on this Effective Date.
- DTA (Data Change) defaults in the Action field.
- Enter the appropriate Action Reason, or click the Lookup icon to select the appropriate Action Reason from the drop down list.
- When you tab out of the Action Reason field, the fields that open for data entry are based on the Action Reason entered.
- The reason code of CSH – Change Standard Hours can only be used for an exception hourly employee.
- Enter the number of Standard Hours. This is for a week. The system will double this number to pay a biweekly.
- Change the Standard Hours if different from default.
- Enter a comment in the Status Reason box, as appropriate.
NOTE: Information to be kept in the employee's permanent record must be recorded in the General Comments page. Refer to Entering General Comments for instructions.
- Click the Request button.
- Click the Save button.
A Data Change Request has been submitted to change an employee's Standard Hours.