The purpose of this task is to submit a pay rate change request to OSC audit for approval.
- All pay rate change requests that require Division of Budget or Civil Service approval should not be submitted until such approval is posted in the relevant fields in NYSTEP and the Position Data page.
- Pay Changes may be automatically approved based on meeting the editing and approval criteria. Pay Changes will only be automatically approved if the Effective Date of the change is after the latest Effective Date on the Job Data record and before the Effective Date of any open request.
Entering a Pay Rate Change Request
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing or an existing request.
- If a transaction already exists for this employee that is awaiting OSC audit, insert a new row by clicking the plus sign (+) or Alt+7.
- Click the Pay Change button.
- Enter the Effective Date indicating the date the salary will become effective.
- Confirm the default Seq # of "0" or enter the next higher sequence number.
- Enter the Reason for the pay rate change. Tab out of the field to refresh the page.
- Enter the new Pay Rate.
- Enter the Increment Code, if applicable.
- Enter the Anniversary Date, if applicable.
- Enter the FIS Amount, if applicable.
- Enter any necessary information, if needed, to process the request in the Status Reason field.
- To enter a permanent comment, go to the General Comments page from the Job Requests1 page by selecting Comments in the center of the page. See Entering General Comments for steps to enter a General Comment.
- Click the Request button.
- The system will either generate an auto approval, or the transaction will be audited by OSC.
- Click the Save button.
NOTE: The transaction will be processed only if the user selects both REQUEST and SAVE.
A pay rate change request has been submitted for OSC audit and approval.