The purpose of this task is to process salary withholding information for an employee who is hired, has a concurrent hire, or an employee who has moved into a position which now requires the withholding to occur, in order to have the required five days withheld from an employee's paycheck. This must be done within the first five pay periods of employment.
- When entering a Salary Withholding Program ("SWP" or "SWB"), enter an End Date to end the deduction.
- The End Date is the last day of the fifth pay period of earnings.
- When entering a Salary Withholding Override ("SCO") and an Earnings amount, End Date and a Goal Amount. The deduction will end when the goal amount and End Date is reached. The End Date represents the end of the pay period in which this should happen. OSC uses this date to update the salary withholding page. The SCO goal amount must represent the total amount of earnings to be withheld. The Earnings amount must represent the value of 1 day of the employee’s biweekly wages.
- If the employee is a 50% employee only 2.5 days will be held and paid out upon separation.
Setting Up Salary Withholding Information
Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Create Additional Pay
- Enter employee’s EMPLID.
- Select the Include History option.
- Click the Search button.
- If the employee does not have existing additional pay data, a blank screen will be displayed. Enter the Earnings Code appropriate for the salary withholding transaction.
- If the employee has existing additional pay data, use the scroll arrows in the Additional Pay scroll area to see if the Earnings Code to be entered already exists on the page.
- If the Earnings Code already exists, click the plus sign (+) located in the upper right-hand corner of the Effective Date scroll area to insert a new effective dated row for the Earnings Code.
- If the Earnings Code to be entered does not exist, click the plus sign (+) located in the upper right-hand corner of the Additional Pay scroll area to insert a row for the Earnings Code to be added. Enter the Earnings Code appropriate for the salary withholding transaction.
- Click the Add a new row (+) (Alt+7) button.
- Enter 'SWP' for ANN or CAL employees.
- Enter 'SWB" for BIW or HRY employees.
- Enter 'SWC' for 21P employees.
- Enter ‘SCO’ for employees who were not set up in a timely manner and their wages or work percentage has changed. The days must be taken at the amount the employee earned at the time of entry into the eligible position.
- The Effective Date indicates the first day the withholdings are effective.
- The End Date indicates the end date of the last pay period in which the specified withholding will be taken.
- Click the Save button.
The employee's salary withholding information has been entered.