The purpose of this task is to process an employee's return from leave of absence. A return from a leave of absence changes an employee's status in the Payroll System to active.
- The Return from Leave of Absence process is the same whether the employee is returning from a paid leave of absence or an unpaid leave of absence.
- When processing a return from leave, the agency must review the employee's salary, additional pay, and position information. If necessary, the agency must submit update transactions.
- If the employee is returning from a Leave of Absence, the agency must restart any applicable earnings on the Additional Pay page.
- If a return from leave without pay is retroactive to the current pay period, the agency must submit "RGS" (Regular Salary) in Time Entry for the days prior to the current pay period, as needed. Additional Pay adjustments must also be submitted, if applicable. For more information, see Entering Regular Time, Overtime and Miscellaneous Payments.
- If the effective date of the transaction is in the current pay period and the employee is returning from a Paid Leave of Absence, any derived biweekly or pre-shift briefing additional pay earnings will automatically prorate. Additional pay will prorate for the days the employee is active if the employee returns from a leave with no pay.
- If the transactions is for a retroactive pay period additional pay earnings will process as follows:
- If the return is from leave with no pay, an adjustment to the additional pay earnings will be required for any periods that RGS are entered in Time Entry for the retroactive pay period(s).
- If the return is from a leave with pay, an adjustment will be needed to adjust the retroactive pay period in which the transaction is effective.
Entering a Return from Leave of Absence
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
To view all rows for the employee, click the Include History option.
- Click the Search button.
- Insert a new row - click the plus sign (+) or (ALT +7).
- Enter the date of the return from leave of absence in the Effective Date field.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence if there is an existing action on this Effective Date.
- Click the Action list.
- Click the Return from Leave list item.
- Enter the appropriate Reason code in the reason field.
- To record any comments pertaining to this transaction, click the Comments link.
- Click the Job Information tab.
- Confirm the default or update the Part-Time Pct, as necessary. A return from Leave with Pay does not automatically change the Part-Time Pct back to the original work percentage.
- Appointment Code, Work Schedule, and Benefit Flag can be changed on the Work Information page, if applicable.
- Anniversary Date can be updated on the Compensation page – if a corresponding salary change is not needed.
NOTE: If the Comp Rate or Increment Code need to be updated, the agency must enter a Pay Rate Change or a Data Change request through Job Action Requests.
- Click the Save button.
A return from leave of absence has been entered for an employee.