The purpose of this task is to add earnings to an employee's record for a Fixed Biweekly Amount (e.g. “Q”s, ALP, etc.). These earnings are either paid to or taken from an employee’s paycheck until a goal amount is met.
- Biweekly prorate earnings is a fixed amount of money to be deducted or paid to an employee each pay period unit a goal amount is met.
- These include overpayment recovery, adjustments to mid pay period additional pay earnings changes, etc.
- An agency can only select additional pay earnings based on the employee’s Earnings Program ID.
Entering Additional Pay - Fixed Biweekly Amount
Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Create Additional Pay
- Enter employee’s EMPLID.
- Click the Include History option. This will display all additional pay rows for the employee.
- Click the Search button.
- To view all Additional Pay rows for the employee, click the View All option.
- Use the scroll arrows in the Additional Pay scroll area to see if the employee has ever received the Earnings Code before.
- If the employee has not received the Earnings Code before, then click the (+) sign located in the upper right-hand corner of the Additional Pay bar to insert a new Earnings Code row and proceed to Step 10.
- If the employee has received the Earnings Code before, click the (+) sign located in the upper right-hand corner of the Effective Date bar to insert a new Effective Date row, and skip to Step 11.
- Enter the Earnings Code.
- Enter the Effective Date.
- Enter the biweekly amount in the Earnings field. NOTE: To recover money owed by the employee, enter the Earnings amount using a minus (-) sign if the earnings should be deducted from the gross wages.
- Enter the Goal Amount indicating the total amount of the earnings. NOTE: Enter a minus (-) sign for the Goal Amount if the money is to be deducted from gross wages.
- Click the Save button.
The employee will be paid additional pay, or money will be deducted from their wages, effective the date recorded.