The purpose of this task is to enter a Savings Plan for an employee’s Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), Voluntary Defined Contribution Plan (VDC), or 403(b) Tax Deferred Annuity Plan in the Payroll System.
Entering a Savings Plan
Main Menu > Benefits > Enroll in Benefits > Savings Plans
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- Insert a new row – if applicable – click the plus sign (+) or ALT +7.
- Enter Plan Type (4Z- for ORP or VDC, 46 for 403(b)).
- Enter effective date – Coverage Begin Date.
- Enter effective date – Deduction Begin Date.
- Enter effective date – Coverage Election Date.
- Select Elect as the Coverage Election.
- Enter the Benefit Plan.
- Enter the Before Tax Amount or Percent of Earnings (If the Benefit Plan is set up to have one).
- Enter the After Tax Amount or Percent of Earnings (For 403(b) Roth).
- Click the Save button.
A Savings Plan has been entered.