PayServ Manual

Data Change Request: Perf Withheld, Resc Unsat, or Unsat Perf

PayServ Manual


Data Changes are changes that relate to an employee's Job Data. These changes are separate from an employee's appointment, removal, position or pay rate change transactions. All Data Changes must be submitted through the request process.

Data Change Requests for Perf Withheld (PWH), Resc Unsat (RUS), or Unsat Perf (USP) are used to report conditions that effect the employee’s salary performance record but do not affect the salary.

If the salary should be changed, use a Pay Change Job Action Request.

Helpful Hints

  • All Data Change requests must be submitted on the Job Requests1 page.
  • The Action Reason automatically opens the required fields to process a Data Change transaction.
  • This Job Request never auto approves. The transaction will always go to OSC for review.

Data Change Request: Perf Withheld, Resc Unsat, or Unsat Perf

Navigation Path

Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests


  1. Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
  2. Click the Search button.
  3. The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing or an existing request.
    1. If there is an existing record, then click the plus (+) sign to insert a new request row.
  4. Click the Data Chg button.
  5. Enter the Effective Date of the Data Change.
  6. Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence # if there is an existing Job Data action on the Effective Date.
  7. DTA (Data Change) defaults in the Action field.
  8. Enter the appropriate Action/Reason, or click the Lookup icon to select the appropriate Action/Reason from the drop down list. For a Perf Withheld change request, select Reason PWH. For a Resc Unsatisfactory change request, select Reason RUS. For an Unsatisfactory Perf change request, select Reason USP.
  9. When you tab out of the Action Reason field, the fields that open for data entry are based on the Action Reason entered.
  10. Enter the Incr. Code.
  11. Enter the FIS Amount, if applicable.
  12. Enter a comment in the Status Reason box, as appropriate. 
    NOTE: Information to be kept in the employee's permanent record must be recorded in the General Comments page. Refer to Entering General Comments for instructions.
  13. Click the Request button.
  14. Click the Save button.


A Data Change Request has been submitted.