Data Changes are changes that relate to an employee's Job Data. These changes are separate from an employee's appointment, removal, position or pay rate change transactions. All Data Changes must be submitted through the request process.
This action will change an employee’s work percentage.
- All Data Change requests must be submitted on the Job Requests1 page.
- The Action Reason automatically opens the required fields to process a Data Change transaction.
- Some Data Changes may be automatically approved based on meeting the editing and approval criteria. Data Changes will only be automatically approved if the Effective Date of the change is after the latest Effective Date on the Job Data record and before the Effective Date of any open request.
Data Change Request: Change Part/Full-Time or Change Percent
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing (status = Initiated) or an existing request.
- If there is an existing request, then click the plus (+) sign to insert a new request row.
- Click the Data Chg button.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Data Change.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence # if there is an existing Job Data action on this Effective Date.
- DTA (Data Change) defaults in the Action field.
- Enter the appropriate Action/Reason, or click the Lookup icon to select the appropriate Action/Reason from the drop down list.
- When you tab out of the Action Reason field, the fields that open for data entry are based on the Action Reason entered.
- For Part Time/Full Time change requests, select Reason CPF. For Percent change request, select Reason CPT.
- Enter the Benefit Flag, if applicable.
- Enter the Full/Part Time indicator.
NOTE: Full/Part Time equals "P" for Part-Time and "F" for Full-time.
- Enter the Part-Time Pct.
NOTE: For Part-time Pct, this field must be less than 1.00. For Full-time, this field must be equal to 1.00.
- Enter the Work Schedule, if applicable and differs from the default. Enter pass days as "N" and work days as "Y".
- Enter a comment in the Status Reason box, as appropriate.
NOTE: Information to be kept in the employee's permanent record must be recorded in the General Comments page. Refer to Entering General Comments for instructions.
- Click the Request button.
- Click the Save button.
A Data Change Request has been submitted to change an employee’s full time versus part-time status and/or part-time percentage.