The purpose of this task is to add earnings to an employee's record when additional pay is to occur as a one-time payment (e.g. LLS, BON, JLO).
- Annual Payments are payments that are paid as one payment but the amount of the payment is used in the calculation of overtime per FLSA. The inclusion is for one year from the effective date of the payment.
- If the employee is no longer eligible for the inclusion of the amount of the payment for the overtime due to a bargaining unit change or salary change, a new End Date must be added to the Earnings.
- An agency can only select additional pay earnings based on the employee's Earnings Program ID.
Entering Additional Pay - One Time Annual Payment
Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Create Additional Pay
- Enter employee’s EMPLID.
- Click Include History.
- Click the Search button.
- To view all Additional Pay rows for the employee, click the View All option.
- Use the scroll arrows in the Additional Pay scroll area to see if the employee has ever received the Earnings Code before.
- If the employee has not received the Earnings Code before, then click the (+) sign located in the upper right-hand corner of the Additional Pay bar to insert a new Earnings Code row and proceed to Step 10.
- If the employee has received the Earnings Code before, click the (+) sign located in the upper right-hand corner of the Effective Date bar to insert a new Effective Date row, and skip to Step 11.
- Enter the desired Earnings Code.
- Enter the Effective Date.
- Enter the OT Eff Date.
- Enter the desired information into the Annual Addl Earnings field.
- Enter the date the additional pay ends in End Date (COB).
- Click the Save button.
- After the paycheck is confirmed and payment made, the Goal Balance field will be filled in.
The employee will be paid the One Time Annual Payment, effective on the date recorded.