The purpose of this task is to record an employee's unpaid leave of absence in the Payroll System.
- If the transaction is retroactive and the employee is overpaid, the agency must enter comments stating how the overpayment will be recovered. It may be necessary to set up an overpayment using a Q code on the Additional Pay page to recover the overpayment from any future monies due the employee. Enter a General Comment with the needed information on the overpayment.
- Except for Q’s, an unpaid leave of absence transaction automatically ends all additional pay earnings, adding an end date to the last row of the Additional Pay page.
Entering an Unpaid Leave of Absence
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- Enter the employee’s Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- Insert a new row - click the plus sign (+) or ALT +7.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Unpaid Leave in the Effective Date field.
- Confirm the default of “0” or type the next higher Sequence if more than one action is to take effect on the same Effective Date.
- Click the Action list.
- Select the Leave of Absence list item.
- Enter the reason code for the Unpaid Leave into the Reason field.
- Click the Save button.
An unpaid leave of absence has been recorded for an employee.