Data Changes are changes that relate to an employee's Job Data. These changes are separate from an employee's appointment, removal, position or pay rate change transactions. All Data Changes must be submitted through the request process.
This transaction is used to change the Benefit Flag to either match to eligible benefits as determined by the employee’s bargaining unit or other conditions.
- All Data Change requests must be submitted on the Job Requests1 page.
- The Action Reason automatically opens the required fields to process a Data Change transaction.
- Some Data Changes may be automatically approved based on meeting the editing and approval criteria. Data Changes will only be automatically approved if the Effective Date of the change is after the latest Effective Date on the Job Data record and before the Effective Date of any open request.
Data Change Request: Change Benefit Flag
Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Administer Job Change Requests > Job Action Requests
- Enter the employee's Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- The Job Requests1 page should appear showing either nothing (status = Initiated) or an existing request.
- Click the Data Chg button.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Data Change.
- Confirm the default of "0" or enter a higher Sequence # if there is an existing action on this Effective Date.
- DTA (Data Change) defaults in the Action field.
- Enter the appropriate Action Reason, or click the Lookup button to select the appropriate Action Reason from the drop down list.
- To change benefit information, select Reason CBF.
- When you tab out of the Action Reason field, the fields that open for data entry are based on the Action Reason entered.
- Enter the Benefit Flag indicating the type of coverage for vision, dental and drug benefits.
- Enter a comment in the Status Reason box, as appropriate.
- Click the Request button.
- Click the Save button.
- If the transaction is Auto Approved, a message will appear indicating that a row will be inserted into the employee's Job Data record.
- Click the OK button.
- If the transaction is successfully inserted into Job Data, a message will be displayed.
- Click the OK button.
A Data Change request to change an employee's benefit flag has been entered.