The purpose of this task is to add and maintain an employee's general deductions in PayServ. General deductions include union sponsored insurance and dues, agency shop fees, retirement loan and arrears payments, parking fees, and charitable contributions.
Entering General Deduction Data
Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Deductions > General Deduction Data
- Enter employee’s EMPLID.
- Click the Include History option to view all rows for this employee.
- Click the Search button.
- Determine if the employee has an existing row for the deduction code.
- Click the View All link.
- Click the View 1 link to collapse the data.
- If the deduction code does not exist for the employee, insert a new row.
- Click the Add a new row (Alt+7) button.
- Enter the Deduction Code, or use the Lookup icon if the Deduction Code is not known.
- Enter the starting date of the general deduction.
- Select a value from the Calculation Routine dropdown list to indicate whether this deduction will be a flat amount, default to Deduction Table, or another type of calculation.
- Enter the end date for the deduction in the Deduction End Date field, if appropriate.
- If the selection from the Calculation Routine is a rate or percent calculation, complete the Deduction Rate or % field.
- If the selection from the Calculation Routine field is "Flat Amount", enter that amount in the Flat/Addl Amount field.
- If a deduction should stop after it reaches a certain goal, enter an amount in the Goal Amount field.
- Enter the amount of the goal balance in the Current Goal Balance field, if applicable. NOTE: This field is used only if an entry was made in the Goal Amount field.
- The OSC/Agency Deduction Override checkbox will appear on the page only when the Deduction Code pertains to union dues/agency shop fee. It indicates whether or not the online data entered will be used to calculate the agency shop or union dues amount.
- The display field 'This data was last updated by' is automatically populated and indicates the source of the update on the effective-dated row.
- The display field 'Data last updated on' is automatically populated and shows the date that this record was last updated.
- Click the Save button.
The employee has a General Deduction set up that will be in effect from the Effective Date that was entered.